Holding Starter Soccer Simulation 2D League for Juniors

IranOpen SS2D committee decided to hold a soccer simulation 2d league for junior students in 2018. Therefore a new base and a library were created and publicly available, which are the StarterAgent2D, a simplified Agent2D base, and StarterLibrcsc, a simplified Librcsc. To simplify the Agent2D base, Formations, ChainAction, Pass, Dribble, Shoot, etc. eliminated.

Plus, straightforward decisions and behaviors developed for the new base.

In addition, we changed some parameters of the server that listed as follows:

server::fullstate_l = false -> true

server::fullstate_r = false -> true

server::stamina_capacity = 130600 -> 150000

server::stamina_max = 8000 -> 10000

server::hear_max = 1 -> 11

Also, new rules specified for this league:

a- All members should be under 18 years old.

b- All codes should have written by members.

c- Using a released code is not allowed.

d- Members of each team have to explain all new codes.

There were 14 teams in Starter SS2D league in IranOpen 2018, 11 teams in Asia-Pacific Robocup, and 18 teams have been qualified in IranOpen2020 but this competition has been postponed.

10 Likes

Absolutely a great idea! I was a participant in IranOpen 2018 as a starter and the simplified version of soccer simulation helped me get in groove with things like working as a team on a bigger project base than I’ve ever done before, and it was an overall very positive and educational experience. I would love to see this in Robocup itself!

6 Likes

I totally agree with Baymax(AKA aradfir)
just let us play the game :\ !!!
it both teaches us how to code and collaborate in a team
other than the benefits we gain , it’s good for the league and could help accelerate its growth by bringing in younger participants.

3 Likes

Hi
I am a teacher in a junior school.
my students very like to show their talents in a international competition.

it’s a very good idea to hold juniors league for SS2D and i think there’s a lots of team to register in this league.

thank you.

4 Likes

RCSS2D has a cool competitive environment that high school students will love it! Great idea!! GL

3 Likes

I believe ghis idea can improve the 2D soccer simulation league and make more students interested in this area.

3 Likes

I’m also a teacher/team leader of 2D Soccer Simulation in middle school and high school. Enabling the Starter league can provide a great opportunity for students to get involved in the programming world earlier; as a result, we will have more trained and better programmers in the future.

I also see how excited and more hard-working students get when they see a great match coming and they can learn so much during matches camps.

1 Like

It’s a fantastic idea. as we have examined this type of competition, It works properly. we have received good feedback from participant. tnx to nader you can find StarterAgent2D & StarterLibRCSC in these github repos.I strongly believe starter league is a great environment for students in high school to learn programming in more challengeable and fun approach.

1 Like